For me there is a thread that runs through all the work I have done – identifying, articulating and then sharing what matters to the people I am working with.
I have selected some of the main organisations and pieces of work I have done to give a flavour of what I do and the range of topics and organisations I can work with.
NHS Managed Clinical Network for Children with Exceptional Needs (NMCN)
Directed videos interviewing parents and professionals for use on the website:
- ‘The Emotional Impact of Tube Feeding’
- ‘How do you want me to talk to you? – Communicating with children with complex needs’
Produced reports, designed and delivered training workshops to support the use of these materials.
‘Words Matter’ – Produced a booklet for parents based on interviews about their early experiences and expectations when their child has complex needs
Design and delivery of practitioner workshop and seminar
Design and delivery of a range of workshops to support multi-disciplinary implementation of the Child’s Plan under GIRFEC
City of Edinburgh Council
A survey of support for head teachers and school staff within Special Schools
Evaluating and what people said
- what is the change you want to see?
- what are people experiencing?
- what is working and why?
- what isn’t and why?
- what is the difference you are making?
Training and what people said
- bespoke and tailored
- workshops (half and full day)
- introductory and in-depth
- programmes and courses
- interactive and practical